From:
JuliePaul from AOL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 1995 19:15:44 -0400
Hi All,
Just wanted to write to say that we survived the weekend with our new
ferrets, Sobriety and Charity.  Misty still is not a happy camper about her
new "friends".  She maintains a safe distance from them while they are awake
and trys to sniff them when they are sleeping. Misty basically still sleeps
most of the day and is very lethargic but at least she is eating more food.

I took all of them to the vet today - squeeking and nipping all the way!
Everyone got rabies shots, the new fuzzies got complete exams, and Misty had
her incision examined. She weighs in at 1.6 lbs now.  Much better than before
her surgrery.  I am still waiting for the results of the second opinion of
the biopsy on the adrenal cortical tumor.  I have waitied almost one month
already and the vet told me to come back at the end of June and maybe the
results would be in by then.  Can anyone out there tell me why it takes so
long to determine if a tumor is malignant or benign  --Dr Williams?  Also,
she was reported to have an internal adrenal cyst that she was born with.
What causes these cysts and can they be harmful or cancerous?  The vet said
she sleeps a lot because she is still recovering and we won't know more until
these biopsy results come back due to the fact that Cushings can't be
diagnosed by blood tests anyway.

Also, my new male ferret, Sobriety, is albino but has orange fur on his butt
and on half his tail.  My vet said this is called "stud tail".  Can someone
explain what this is and if the color will stay permanently?

Hope everyone and their fuzzies had a wonderful holiday weekend!
Ferret Fuzzies to All,
Julie & Larry Paulauskas

Misty "Oh no!  This is my space-- OUT OUT OUT!!!'
Charity "Sheesh!  What a grouch!  Try to cuddle and this is the attitude you
get!"
Sobriety "I DO NOT snore!  Why is everyone staring at me?"