From:
Mark Zmyewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 1995 16:35:03 CDT
Hi,

  Lori Salter asked on May 30:

    "why do ferrets have tails?  They don't wag them or use them to show
    expression like dogs or cats..."

Au contraire!  :-) I haven't figured out all of Snookie's "signals", but she
*does* wag her tail at times!  Most often this occurs when she enters one of
the tubes we have set up for her...but this is usually a fast shake of the
whole body, rather than a true tail wagging (well, I'm making an assumption
since I can't actually see her when she's in the tube..I just listen to the
way the bell on her collar jingles).

But...

Last week I was playing with Snookie and we ended up downstairs which, by the
way, she considers to be the "play room", and she went into one of the tubes.
I listened for the fast "jingle-jingle" of her bell, but didn't hear
anything.  I looked through a few of the holes cut into the sides of the
tubes and she was actually wagging her tail...like a dog!!  This went on for
about 5 seconds and then she went about her usual playing.

I've never seen her do this before!!  It was funny but confusing!  She
never stops amazing me!

-Mark Zmyewski (and Snookie, who has a new water bowl but still
    thinks it's a plaything and likes to nudge it around the kitchen,
    sloshing water all over!)