From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 1995 08:35:38 -0500
Thanks, Mary, for the posting about the spot on CBS.  I turned on my TV
as soon as I came across your post, looking forward to a postivve spot on
the fuzzies......oh, how disappointed I was.

The spot was filmed in California and, to me, it was so negative.  There
was a little girl on there who had been bitten in the face by a ferret
as a baby and has had 42 surgeries since then (I think she's around 9 yrs
or so) still has facial deformities.  There was a rep from the HS who
spoke negatively of ferrets and said that the HS is trying to outlaw
ferrets in other states and they don't support legalizing in CA.

Pam Grant - you have a good relationship with the HS - is this true?
Do they NOT want ferrets to be legal?

I feel bad for the little girl who was attacked, but if we use that as
an example, then dogs, cats, birds, snakes, mice, gerbils, etc. should
not be legal either!!!  At some time or another, children have been
attacked by these animals as well.

Does somebody in CA have the address for the Travel Bureau?  While I've
written to some of the legislators in CA, I only get a form letter asking
me to write to my own district.  SInce I live in NY, that doesn't help.

Maybe if I write to the Travel Bureau and tell them why I am NEVER going
back to CA again, that might help.  We've *got* to do something!!

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA
Rochester, NY