From:
"Nancy L. Silvernale" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 1995 08:04:28 -0400
Hi to All!

I was wondering if I could have some input to this question ..

I don't know about everyone else, but here in NH the tick population is
REALLY bad!  We have a large dog (around 100 lbs) and 4 fuzzies.

My problem is that we've already removed 7 ticks from the dog (2 a YEAR
was the maximum in the past!).  I want to get a tick/flea collar for him,
but I'm worried that it could affect my babies somehow?

The ferrets don't crawl/connect with our dog (i.e., he won't let them!),
but could having a tick/flea collar IN THE HOUSE affect or harm them
somehow??

I know that ferrets should NEVER wear a collar themselves, but I'm not
sure about having one "in the vicinity".

Thanks for any info!!

Nancy