From:
Andre Klefenz / Jennifer Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 1995 08:59:17 -0400
To Carrine,

<and I had all these hands carefully pettong me>
<and stroking my fur as Carinne held my mouth shut!  And I don't even bite!>

This may give the wrong message? Even if someone won't pat your ferret,
holding his mouth shut may encourage people to figure that they did have
something to worry about, don't you think?

I was also wondering, those of you who leave your ferrets out and sometimes
sleep with them... Last night when I was getting ready for bed I noticed
the lump under my sheets that is usually Newton (or a stuffed animal she is
trying to hide) when she has gotten tired of being out of her cage. I tried
to get into bed as gently as I could. Newton woke, licked my knee and then
cuddled into me! She is not one for cuddling under most conditions and I
was totally ecstatic. I laid there frozen, hoping not to disturb her for
nearly an hour til my fear of falling asleep and rolling on and crushing
her out weighed the "motherly joy" I got from her cuddling, and I put her
in her cage. Are there any comments on this? It would be nice to try
leaving her out overnight.

To Lindley Garner, Newton too, never ceases to amaze me with her incredible
stunts. There is nothing I can block a doorway with (short of a door) that
she cant get over. I have seen her run over to my drafting table (which she
always wants up on) and stand there looking at the chair (I always pull it
away from the table) and then at the table figuring triangulations and
trigonometry-you should just see the gears grinding!- to get up on the
table- they're so smart!- Once she climbed the chair (about three feet
away) and leaped to the table! (I have seen her totally miss occasionally
too) Oh and Newton loves the Beef Pounce cat treats, and WON'T eat any
other kind (she thinks they're best when they dry out and are crunchy).

Jen and Andre, owned and operated by Newton
Halifax
Nova Scotia
Canada