From:
Bryan McCullough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 May 1995 13:57:58 -0400
After the help I received here last week about pricing BEWs (Thanks very much
to all of you!), I went out yesterday and bought another ferret.  She's a
dark sable from MF and stole my heart when she left her breakfast, the only
one of fifteen kits that did, to go see what was on the other side of the
window.  She thinks my chin is a chew toy, but we're working on that.
   Meighan, my two year old sable, has finally found something to fear.  She
does Not understand what That Thing is, and runs away.  "Baby" sees a "litter
mate" and runs (well, wobbles) after her, grunting and crying (she's much
more vocal than Meighan was at that age) the whole time.  She misses the
other ferrets very much and doesn't understand why her friend runs away.
 It's very funny/sad to watch.  Meighan now follows me Everywhere and wants
to cuddle more.  They sleep in seperate cages for now, I didn't want to start
any fights.
  I do wish Marshall Farms would stop selling ferrets so young.  "Baby" still
has her baby teeth behind her permanent canines, and acts too young to be
seperated from Mom and litter.  I realize it's because people like me drive
up their sales, but there has to be a limit somewhere!

Bryan (Where's the newspaper - clottin' messin' baby)
Meighan (Dad!!! Get it AWAY!!! AAAuuugh! Run away, run away!!!)
"Baby" ( When'm I gonna get a real name? And hey you, wait for me!)