From:
Steven Woodcock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 1995 12:12:41 -0600
Hello Fellow Ferret Fantatics:

   Some of you may remember our ferret Zeb, who went in for surgery
recently.  Here's the latest on his recovery.

   Zeb is recovering from his surgery beautifully.  His bruising is
completely gone and he's been permitted back with the rest of the Gang of
Five.  His hair is already starting to come back, and he no longer appears to
be dehydrated.  His appetite his excellent and he's playing like a kit.

   The pathology test came back.  Here's what the vet said:

"Zeb's spleen *is* cancerous, but it not with malignant tumors.  It was
presumed to be "Traumatic displacement of spleen cells", ie. he jumped or
fell hard enough to cause some cells to separate from the spleen and then
get upset and try to grow again."

   Has anybody else heard of such a thing?  I have a hard time believing
that Zeb could have fallen that hard and we wouldn't have noticed....

Steven Woodcock
Continually Matching Wits with Missy, Newone, Zebulon Pike, Minx,
                               Slinky, Puck, and Ripple