From:
Carol-Anne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 1995 17:00:19 -0600
Hi all!
I'd just like to share what my ferrets think is the best ferret toy of all:
empty birth control pill packs.  I took the foil part out (the part that
held the pills).  They love them!  HodgePodge knows exactly how many he
has, so when I pull them from his treasure trove under the bed and toss
them around the room, he'll keep looking for them until he has them all.
They make a neat clattering sound when I throw them, too, which Hodge loves
(Portnoy is rather indifferent to toys right now).  And last night, when I
threw one, it popped open. Hodge examined it, then flipped it around until
the lid closed, and proudly picked it up and dooked his way to put it under
the bed!  I was so proud.  :)

HodgePodge and Portnoy were pooping beside the bathtub - yuck-o.  I
couldn't get them to stop until I remembered that they HATE the way
toothpaste smells (you'd think they'd stop poking their noses at my foamy
brush, then, wouldn't you?)  they always snort and shake their heads when
they smell toothpaste.  So, I rubbed some paste on the tiles where they
were going.  The result: "Hey, mom, you RUINED a perfectly good potty for
us!"

Hodge has a couple of weird orange marks on him, I think two on his throat,
and one on the back of his neck.  He and Port play hard, but it's not
blood, b/c I looked at the skin, and the skin isn't broken.  But his fur is
decidedly ORANGE.  He eats a natural kitten food, and I don't think it has
alot of dyes in it.  What could be making his fur turn orange?  (Oh, he
does NOT have fleas, either.  I checked for that too.)

Carol-Anne