From:
MRS TRACY E BUSSEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 1995 21:41:01 EDT
  I've been reading everyone's letters on the FML about various topics
such as soap eating, tub licking and toy hiding.  My ferrets too engage
in these funny behaviors.  My MF male has a rubber hedgie he will not let
anyone touch and keeps it safely hidden.  I recently purchased another
rubber hedgie for Meja, the baby, and Max has taken that into his secret
hiding place apparently claiming it as his.
  My oldest female, Marnie, is a incredible sleeper.  At first we thought
something was wrong with her as she sleeps a lot more than the other
ferret and sleeps so deeply!  She just went to the vets for her shots and
the vet gave her a A+ in health.  I guess she just enjoys her naps.
  Last bath day, Marnie was sound asleep in her basket and I having
finished bathing my other three, picked her up and stuck her feet in the
bath water thinking she would awake.  She was still sound asleep.  I
lowered her whole body in the bath water and started lathering.  To my
amazement, she didn't wake up until I was rinsing and then gave me the
most bewildered look.  I 've heard of ferrets being hard to wake up but
she takes the cake.
 Totally off the subject, has anyone heard of skunks as pets?  My husband
saw an ad for baby skunks and was curious about skunks as pets.

    Tracy Bussey
    Flagstaff, Arizona

    Max: Now I have two hedgies and they are all MINE!!!
    Madie: Who needs hedgies when you've got car keys
           and the remote control!!!
    Marnie: Forget the basket, I've conquered the BIG bed!
    Meja: Forget sleeping in ANY bed 'cause I'm going to
          jump on you and bite your toes!!!