From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 1995 17:41:16 -0400
to:    Lawrence Roberts <>

Interesting - I was under the impression from the Australian group that the
original ferrets that were released in NZ died due to their lack of hunting
skills, so polecats were released next in New Zealand and have thrived.  If
you have documentation that the mustelids in NZ are _Mustela p. furo_ and not
_Mustela putorious_ (or visa versa), please mail me a copy and bill me for
the copying and postage.

thank you
Pam Grant
STAR* Ferrets