From:
Bill Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 1995 00:12:57 -0400
        A Hot Line has been established for up to date information re the
status of HR 295 in Mass.  There is an answering machine with a message of
the latest news for the curious, but also here is the important part.  It is
an opportunity for people who might have friends who have ferrets (smile),
to help out to get this bill passed.

        To get it passed without spending an arm and a leg as well as
zillion years going about it.   We are convinced that it will happen.  Every
day more people learn about these guys, and every day more friends and
converts are made.  The time until we can have informed veterinary care, and
freedom from worry just depends on how many people work to get the word out.

        We need letter writers to Rep Finneran chairman of the Ways and
Means Committee.  Soon we may need some local volunteers to hand out or
distribute information to pet stores, and to talk to people, or write a
newpaper article.  We always need ideas, and sometimes we can help solve
problems.  Eventually we be even able to look forward to inviting Rhode
Islanders to our own frolic.

        So give us a call with your question, or (hopefully) an offer of
help.  Leave a message, or if she answers, talk to Sharon.  (617) 224-1098.
You'll be glad ya did.