Date:
Wed, 24 May 1995 11:32:45 -0700
Hi everybody,

        Bean and I just got back from a 1 week vacation at Grandma and
Grandpa's house, and thought we'd put in our $.02.

        First of all, I am horrified as are all of you, about the alleged
extinction on June 1st of the BFF.  As Spock would say, man's influence
on a species to the point of extinction "is not logical."  I hope and
pray for Bean's cousins.

        Second, I was told by a man in a pet store that Oregon is a FFZ.
Living in Vancouver, WA (5 min away form Portland, OR) I have never heard
such a thing and do not believe it to be true.  He told me this when
trying to sell me a $200 10 week-old kit.  I asked him why he was so
expensive, and he said the owner bought him not knowing that Oregon is a
FFZ.  His cage and shots were included, as well as 10 lbs. of food, so I
guess it was a pretty good deal.

        Bean has a squeekie.  The latest one is a carrot, I cannot find
the others because she hides them.  I was wondering if it upsets her,
though.  The first time I squeeked it, she made this sad wining, and
crawled up me to get at it, looking for (I guess) another ferret.  ???

        Lastly, I noticed a while ago that one of Bean's canines is much
shorter than the other.  It may have broken during vigorous play, I
suppose.  I am worried that it may cause problems later, as with the
filing.  Any help would be appreciated, sorry for the length!

Jeannette & Bean
p.s.   While driving through Washington, Bean decided she wanted to
drive, promptly slid off the smooth steering wheel, hit the wipers full
bore, and landed on the passenger's seat just in time to see the driver
in the car next to us do a huge double take and almost go off the road.