From:
Danny Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 1995 18:46:54 EDT
I have noticed Buster's stools have recently been "grainy" on one half of
it--consistently just 1/2.  Also a tinge of yellow mucusy envelope.  Other than
that, the color is fine (no dark tary signs).  What ever infection he has seems
to have subsided, probably from the antibiotic injections from the biopsy.  Does
anybody know what this might indicate?

Also, can somebody explain the recent actions/opions of the Sierra Club?  Why
are they against the ferret owners (and consequently the ferrets)?  I also
cannot get over the irony that the supermodel did something to try and save some
animals that could end up killing ever last one of them--I hope she learned to
track down her facts and figures first.  (I can't help but think of the word
"bimbo" at the moment.)

Also, BIG:  Where is the appropriate forum for the BFFs?  This isn't a stab, but
a real need to know.  They obviously don't have their own special interest group
and general aminal lovers may not be as sympathiic or as experienced with
legistative battles, so thanks for letting Gary's post thru.

[Moderator's note:  I don't really know that they have an electronic forum.
Maybe the wildlife management and/or rehab lists at nodak.edu, though that's
probably not quite on target.  I agree that lots of us, myself included, are
sympathetic to this cause, and occasional posts about BFFs are fine, but I
have to draw the line somewhere - the FML is about 1000 lines every day and
is too much for some people to handle as it is.  Otters, polecats, BFFs, minks
and martens all are closely related to the domestic ferret and all deserve a
place here... in a way I'd like to accomodate these posts, but I think doing
so would actually be a disservice to our domestic ferrets since we'd lose the
interest of some subscribers.  If subscribers overwhelmingly asked me to post
the BFF stuff, I suppose I would... BIG]