From:
Bill Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 1995 21:52:00 PDT
Eugene, Oregon has a new ferret club, Lane Area Ferret Lovers (LAF Lovers).
We meet the fourth Thursday of every month.  Our next meeting will be May
27.  If anyone wants more information, they can send a request via e-mail
to [log in to unmask]  We are doing ferret rescue, shelter, and placement also,
and have been very successful to date (6 ferrets in, 5 ferrets adopted out!)

On another note, I wanted to ask our resident vets about something I
heard from a pet store manager.  He said that he had heard that there was
a new surgery for neutering and descenting kits that went through the
anus, leaving no outside scars.  Has anyone else heard of this kind of
surgery?  Is it safer for kits than any other way?  I am still concerned
that the local breeders will get kits neutered and descented too early
just to get them to market.  If someone could either post something on
the FML or send me e-mail, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Melanee and Bill Ellis
Bosley, BooBoo, and Pookie