Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 1995 08:44:00 EDT
From:
Hetrick_R <[log in to unmask]>
This post has several brief points:
First, to Jim with the ferret with the bad leg:  Just 2 days ago my wife
said she put our one boy down and his right front leg went out of socket (it
pointed forward)  she immediately picked him up and popped it back into
place (yuuucchhh).  This had never happened before and until your post, I
didn't know this could be a ferret problem.  Are there any others?

Secondly, I've read day after day about people buying a new ferret and the
other not 'liking' the new one when introduced.  As cruel as this sounds, I
let mine go at it, albeit supervised, and beat the crap out of each other.
Strangely enough, I believe that ferrets must go through this dominance
ritual and fully expect it to occur no matter how violent.  Bad signs to
watch for are: screams, bristled tail or back fur, or panicked fleeing of
the scene.  Another bad sign is when the less dominant ferret goes
completely limp when bitten at the throat.  Outside of this, I say to let
them go at it.
               --Ron