Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 1995 20:22:41 -0400
From:
Rick Lemker <[log in to unmask]>
Being a four-time violater of CA's stupid ferret laws (three times at
Stateline/Needles), I feel criminally qualified enough to say that ferret
smuggling isn't a major concern to our authorities.  At the border, I've been
asked about fruits or vegetables, but that's as close to trouble as I've
come.  Fish & Game has bigger fish to fry than you or me.

The CDFA (California Domestic Ferret Association) will be more informed, but
I believe the CA Ag people only confiscate fruits, plants, and vegetables ...
NOT animals.  (It's well known that the border agents don't do much produce
shopping).  CA can deny entry, but your bud is legal in all of the
surrounding states.  People might fork over a grapefruit to get in, but no
one's going to give up his/her pet.  CA just aint _that_ wonderful.

The poster in issue 1254 seems to have a rather detailed method of entry, but
if s/he has a system that works, you might go that way if you feel uneasy.

A less sophisticated thinker, I opt for the
"hide-the-ferret-under-a-blanket-and-bluff" strategy -- an ill prepared game
plan and cavalier attitude, I admit -- but my record is 4-0-0.  Of course, my
girlfriend gets a big assist; she's absolutely poker-faced as she makes a
ferret-filled blanket look comfortable.  Pretty talented gal ... I think.
(She caught me writng and made me add the last part).

Leave fruits and vegetables in a Nevada trash can, give plants to mom, keep
ferrets down, and you'll be alright.

You can even stop in Las Vegas to practice your bluffing ... just make sure
to turn on the A/C.

Swampp