Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 1995 07:28:00 EDT
From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
HSUS - My biggest problem with the HSUS position is not as much in what it
said, but how it is said.  The "special" people part has a connotation of:
uncommon, rare, not the usual person (or a PC way to say "a crazy").  This
makes it seem that ferrets could never have a broadbased appeal or that no
"normal" person would want one.  This thinking seems to underlie their whole
rationale.  Ferrets just won't have enough appeal to ever get the humane
treatment they deserve, so discourage the oddballs that want them when
possible.   While ferrets are not for everybody, there are a whole lot of
people that could enjoy them.  It just takes a willingness to learn the
different aspects of ferret care.  They are different from the dog and cat
rules that most people are familiar with.  In many ways, I find them easier
to care for than dogs.  Widespread ownership will not lead to overpopulation
as they infer, particularly if neutered (there seems to be an undersupply
now).  This underlying implication that they can never be more than a fringe
pet and that they are too quirky is what I would like to see removed, Gary.
Ferrets are different, but they can be a way to expand one's life and
experience new things.

Dr.  Williams - I ride too and have been spending a good deal of time in the
DC area.  I have longed to be on my bike because of the good weather there,
but the hundreds of miles separating me from it does ease the pain a bit.
Having, but being unable to ride would be more than I could bear.  I
believe there is no such thing as a bad ride, some are just better than
others (same for ferrets).   You definitely have done more than your share
and deserve a more normal routine as a reward.  I'm also a very recent
Accupath client (Flash says Hi).   Thanks for being there for my vet and me.

Anne Charbonneau - J'adore le nouveau signature graphic, magnifique et tres
amusant!!  Personne emploie le genre de Kilroy.  Bonne fete de la St-Jean a
toi!  I would like to make a formal request to BIG that nobody be allowed to
post without a signature graphic.  :-)   It's a much greater sin than
anonymous posts.  (Insert sage, but unobtrusive comment here)

                           ___
[Moderator's note:        (0 0)               BIG]
                       --w--U--w--

BIG - You do do a wonderful job, as do the FML people.  I joined a German
Shepherd mailing list a few weeks ago and it doesn't hold a candle to this
one.  My utmost respect.  I'm not worthy.

Ferret Trek - Dug this, Kim, hope it is a continuing feature.  Could you
refer to our empire as the Massachu Sans (French for without) until we can
get our high council to ratify the galactic treaty and comply with
Federation norms?  Then we can become the Massachu Sanes (with sense,
finally).  I may even do a spinoff series that concentrates on our empire,
if you don't mind.  The underground here has access to the cloaking device
and other interesting technology to fight the oppression.  This subspace
linkup also helps.  In our tongue, the large western empire translates as
Kahliv Ornery.

Jim C. (and others who have lost a love) - the best way to fill the hole
that Cody has left is to get another ferret.  I find a new ferret only
strengthens my good memories of ones that have gone.  Nothing is gained by
living with lack just because you know that in time a new one will be taken
too and that hurts.  Look at all you may miss in the intervening time.  Upon
reflection, most people regret what they didn't do, not what they have done.
 Grieve, but then live to the max.
   ( )--(a)
   (@=@=) \     Till next time.......Rudy the ferlosopher
      \   \