Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 11 May 1995 05:52:32 -0400
From:
Todd & Andi Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
To Mary & the Modern Ferrets: About Strange Behavior

While I can't say if toy hoarding is really normal or not, we saw the same
behavior in Mo for a couple of months when he was diagnosed with
Lymphosarcoma. He had this ragged filthy cat head he carried around with
him constantly - it had specific hiding places, none of the other ferrets
could touch it - he even carried it to bed with him & slept with it! We
decided that it was just his little security blanket.

Most of our other ferrets have adopted and hoarded some toy (some more than
others). It seems to be normal behavior around here! Just don't try to move
one of these special toys from their respective hidey holes - or you're
sure to get one dirty look as it is being put away again!  :)

Andi