Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 8 May 1995 08:22:00 AKDT
From:
DeWayne Pratt <[log in to unmask]>
Hello,

Subject: Hello from new subscriber!

Hello,

    I have just recently become a new Ferret owner with the purchase of a
male silver mitt whom will be know as Renegade, most appropriately named
I might add.  Through readings of the FML I have seen mention to baths
being warm to the touch, anyone have an indication of what temperature
range our friends like most?  Mine seems to hate to go swimming in the
tub and shivers quite a bit for the duration after bath-time.  Also just
recently a was reading about Vaccine Reaction, what kinds of symptoms
could one be on the lookout for?  Renegade will be going to get his
Distemper Vaccine later this week and I would like to be prepared if some
unfortunate incident happens to evolve.
    Just this weekend after reading in on of the past FML issues I bought
some balloons for Renegade to play with and found a neat trick that kept
him occupied for nearly an hour the first time.  First tie the balloon to
a shoelace after it is inflated, then tie the other end of the shoelace
to something that will maintain a balloon elevation just far enough off
the ground so that they can not get the teeth into it.  He will jump and
nip at the balloon keeping himself entertained, also solves the problem
of the balloons popping real quickly when they perform the chomp.

   One last response to the comment made by Peter Hoffman in the recent issues:
   I live in Anchorage, Alaska and don't know of any other Ferret owners up
here, though there must be a few handfuls as the batch Renegade came out of
was the 4th batch that I saw at my favorite pet store and all the batches
seemed to sell quickly.  I am not leaving my phone number on the FML at this
point, though I am not against any E-Mail messages.