From:
"Marya K. Kowal" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 1995 08:54:46 -0400
About ferret nose color, we have had two black-nosed ferrets, one came
that way, but Emma decided to change hers. I had no idea that the little
dark spot on her pink nose would ever be anything else.  When we first
brought her home I thought she had newsprint ink on her nose from the
petstore and tried to scrub the spot off (needless to say, she was not
amused). A couple of years ago, the vet looked at her closely and asked
us if the spot was getting bigger. Sure enough, it was. At present, her
nose is almost completely black. Go figure.

Emma is a silver silver mitt, and I haven't the faintest idea if that has
anything to do with her change in nose color.

Not terribly surprised its Em who did it, if any ferret can do it, she can.

Marya- ferret and human mom
Molly, Emma, Grover, and Boo-Boo, the fuzzy babies.
and Zach the human baby.