From:
Dennis Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 May 1995 22:58:11 -0700
It's pretty easy to get ferrets to appreciate ferretone.  I haven't yet
met a ferret that this hasn't worked on.

Smear a drop or two on the ferret's nose.  He or she will probably lick
it off and decide it really isn't half bad.  If that doesn't work, you'll
have to wrestle a drop onto the roof of the ferret's mouth, which is
apparently where a fair bit of their olfactory apparatus is.  After a
little gacking, your ferret should change his or her tune.  If that
doesn't work, I'd like to hear about it!

Happy Ferreting!
Dennis