From:
"Cynthia J. Mosch" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 1995 13:09:54 -0600
I don't get a chance to post often but really need to convey my anguish
with others who will understand.
All morning my newest babe Misha, a very light sable and only 4 months,
has been missing. I'd been frantically searching for her with that
feeling that something is terribly wrong & wondering if she escaped out
the door into the 95 degree heat in to the desert outside.  I tore the
place top to bottom andfinally found her upside down in an open roll of
maps sitting upright in a box in the office.  I saw her tail & pulled out
the roll to see if she was still breathing but she wasn't.  It looks like
she dived into the roll & then couldn't get back up out & died of a brain
hemorage or from the impact of falling in headfirst but it wasn't far to
fall- only a little over a ferret + tail length.  I'm in shock &
heartbroken.  She was super affectionate & loved to go for walks with me.
I have one other older ferret, Halley, who is nearly 5 yrs. old that I've
been terribly worried about lately who has gradually but steadily been
losing weight but the vets can't figure out what, if anything, is wrong.

I'm sorry to blither on to all of you.  It's just that I'm hoping that
writing about this will help me to accept the reality of this tragedy &
to warn others of this type of hazard.  Little ferret lives seem so
tenuous & I feel like I should have bee able to prevent this.

Cyndi in New Mexico
  ...missing Misha so much already...

sorry about any typos- I can't see straight just now...