From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 1995 19:59:58 -0400
    It's been awhile, but to recap Ruck's condition, she is still cancer
free since her May '94 removal of 1 nodule from her pacreas.  My question
is this: Ruck has always been attentive to Darwin my male, a year her
junior.  He is a passive, clumsy, and complete attention hound
(unwittingly).  She follows him around, licking his ears and clucking
loudly.  Occasionally she gets really worked up and grabs him by the scruff
of his neck and tries to haul him around.  Anyways, although she has always
been smitten with Darwin, the last few weeks have been a living ferret h-ll
for poor Darwin.  Its obvious that all the attention has been grating on
his little nerves, he gallops around the house with Ruck in tow, licking
his ears and clucking all the while.
    If anyone has a theory about why she is doing this (and at 4 years of
age), then please clue me in.

    By the way I would like to announce the addition of Erasmus, a light
colored male, in January this year.  He is huge, already surpassing Darwin
by several pounds!  He swims underwater, steals brocolli and apples, and
loves to push all the food out of the food bowl.  His youth sometimes gets
the best of my other three adults.

    Until next time, Ruck(f), Jumper(f), Darwin(m), and Little (now
the largest) Erasmus(m) and me, Andy.