From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 1995 12:19:18 CDT
Dr. Williams - thank you again for your insight into the spontaneously
resolving blister Granny had. Wow - you are familiar with everything. AND SO
-- I have another question for you (and anyone else with an idea too).

We wake up Granny every 6 or 7 hours and hand feed her Iams adult cat food and
water. She eats about 15 pieces of food and has a lap or two of water after
eating each piece. (Sometimes she wakes up and feeds herself a little too).
She has a very hard time of getting ahold of the food and chewing it, but she
perseveres eating up every crumb from each piece of food. Almost always -
feeding time goes just dandy. But, once every week or 2, she will be eating and
all of a sudden she will struggle to get down to the floor. She will run as
fast as she can to the closest piece of cloth that she can put her head under
and then she throws up. She wretches quite a bit first and then a creamy white
liquid comes out. One would think since she had just eaten that she would
throw up chewed up food. But, this barf looks just like buttermilk. I used to
think she had inhaled or choked on a piece of food, but now I don't because I
caught her jumping up from a deep sleep to do the same thing the other day.

This is not an everyday occurence. When it does happen though she gets so
panicked running around looking for a place to hide her head. Sometimes I have
to run in to the bathroom grab a towel and run back to throw it on the floor so
she will have a place to hide her head and barf. She will also try and eat the
vomit really fast so that I don't see it, I guess. Are you familiar with this
behavior and more importantly what is causing this upset stomach?

Thanks again, Charlene