From:
Mark Van Noy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 1995 06:33:41 -0600
        Our new kit, Rasputin, took a turn, or step, for the worse last
night.  There is a little cut out in our main closet that we couldn't see
into.  It couldn't possible go anywhere so we didn't think much of it.
Besides our three older ferrets have played back there and haven't had a
problem.  Well, we learned why last night.  The cut out does actually go
somewhere.  It turns out the it is the exhaust vent for our heating
system.  The heater is in the way though so we couldn't see that.
Apparenty.  Rasputin went to go check out this vent and lost his
balance.  The other ferrets are old enough that if they went in there
they could crawl back out.  Rasputin couldn't.  Just when I was about to
cut open the pipe to extricate my poor little boy, one of my roomates got
him to hang onto a blanket and pulled him out.  He came out unscathed, I
wish I could say the same for our nerves, but he is very very dirty.
Guess who gets a bath tomarrow!

        Mark Van Noy

        Mary Jane (M.J.)  -- "Dad the new guy won't quit following me around!"
        Alice -- "Hey kid I like you. but I will attack if you don't
leave me alone!"
        Nimh  --  "I like the new guy.  He takes a lickin then comes
running back for more.  I think we're going to be pals!"
        Rasputin  -- "This looks pretty neat.  I wonder what's in there.
Whoa!  Dad!  DAD, HELP I CAN'T GET OUT!  Hey, this is pretty cool!"