From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 1995 15:42:05 EDT
> From:    Laura L'Heureux Kupkee <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: long falls and balloons

> Please, if a ferret has such a fall, watch him or her closely...

    I just want to add my 2 scents.  Sebastian played rocky the falling
ferret from a 3rd story building.  He didn't even get a scratch.  Of course
I took him to the vets for a quick checkup.  My vet said animals that take
long falls like that can get a hernia in thier intestines.  This could
cause problems many months later.  You realy should keep an eye out for
what Laura said as well as long term side effects.  A quick checkup is also
a good idea.

    One good thing did happen from this, Sebastain doesn't try to seek out
anymore.  Unless of course there is another ferret all ready out there.  And
who says ferrets are fearless.  I know of 1.

> From:    Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
>         I got a facs from the bank that offers ferret checks. They look
> great.  How ever posted that address thanks.

        Boy I must have been sleep typing yesterday.  Sorry.

Deleted header......  Saw her ferret fall from a 3rd story window.

> for for internal injuries and such and I kept a close eye on her, but she
> was fine. I was amazed.

    Boy you're lucky.  I couldn't find Sebastian for 12 hours or so.  I
sept that whole time searching and telling myself what a rotten parent I
am.  I was sure he either crawled off and died or became a Gator snack in
the cannal about 10 feet from where he would have landed.  One thing I'm
sure that helped, Sebastian landed on nice soft grass.  If he had landed on
the cement walkway I'm sure he would not have faired so well.  At least a
broken canine or two.

    Well I took up enough of your time so have a good day and take care.

        Brad, and the gang.