From:
"William L. Sebok" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 1995 14:16:52 -0400
Dr. Williams said:
    I was talking to Charlie Weiss yesterday and asked him about what
    he does with ferrets who react to Fervac-D.  Charlie says that his
    first choice is to switch over to Fromm/Galaxy D and that he hasn't
    seen a ferret yet (although he has only had to do this with a handful
    of ferrets so far) that reacts to both vaccines.

Dr. Weiss, would you use Galaxy D for ferrets that had a very severe reaction
to Fervac D?  Last May, two of our ferrets had to be treated at an emergency
clinic for reactions to Fervac D.  Their symptoms were wheezing, vomiting,
diarrhea, fever, and limpness.  The reactions occured several hours after the
vaccine was administered. Would you use Galaxy D in a case like this?  These
two ferrets (now age 5 1/2) are due for their vaccinations this month and we
are very concerned about what to do.

Bill & Clare Sebok