From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 1995 08:12:29 PDT
Re: ferret with 9 lives
I'm no vet, but I would suggest having Oskar checked out. Ferrets are
extremely tough little guys who don't always show when they are hurting.
If any medical treatment is necessary, earlier is better than later. A
clean bill of health from the vet will also make you feel better too!

Re: help identifying a wild mustelid
There are a number of wild mustelids in North America. Get any N. America
wildlife book and look up the some of the members of the weasel clan -
which include weasels, minks, martens, fishers, otters, ermine, skunks,
B-F ferrets, wolverines, badgers, etc. From your discription, I would guess
it was a weasel or a mink.

Speaking of the weasel clan, I got an art print as a birthday gift a few
months ago which is titled, "Call of the Weasel Clan." It's a pretty neat
picture. It is a group of weasels all decked out in Native American regalia.
I can't remember the artist's name, but I can get more information if anyone
is interested.

Glossary of Ferret Terms addendum:
BUGBITE  -  Waking suddenly out of a sound sleep to jump up and
             fanatically scratch and bite at an itch.

-kim, mike, Squirt - "Those new ferrets like water WAY too much!",
Pippi - "Yuck! My feet are getting wet!", Atlas - Aquaferret!,
Hijinx - the snorkler

Kimberly Burkard        |              _
Xerox, Rochester, NY    |       _____C .._. fu-til'i-ty   n. 1. an act having
[log in to unmask] |  ____/     \___/  no useful result  2. herding
[log in to unmask] <____/\_---\_\    ferrets.