From:
william killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 1995 01:24:00 -0400
You didn't say where you got your fuzzy...  Unfortunately one of the all
too common genetic problems in ferrets is a 'kink tail'.  A freind of
mine hasda litter that turned out to have what amount to two inch
corkscrews on their rumps (that is a ferret of hers had a litter :)).

If it is a kink tail than their is nothing to worry about.  If it isn't
I'm afraid I couldn't tell you what else it might be - broken bones in
the tail?

and on the getting positive side...  We've had a litter that is bucking the
odds.  The mama unfortunately got mastitis and we had to pull the kits
from her and put her on heavy duty anti-biotics.  The kits have been
doing great however.  Five little hobs - a stripe, a sable, a sable mitt,
a sorta panda and a champagne blaze - all squeeky away over in the corner.
Happy little sounds...

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets