From:
Bob Nixon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 1995 23:51:06 -0700
In support of the following post from yesterday's FML.  I have always
believed that "Some" Ferrets would survive in the Wild.  What this Lady
has done is violate the political correctness of the FML.  I know because
I said a similar thing about a year ago.

What's important is that two wrongs don't make a right.  The first wrong
is this half truth that our little Slinky's could not possibly survive in
the wild because their a true domesticated animal.  Think about it folks.
We're a domesticated Animal too but, take 100 people out of their
Manhattan High-rise apartments and put them in the wilderness.  I'm
willing to bet money that at least 20 would survive and reproduce.

The other wrong is that the Governments of Mass.  and California have a
one sided point of view about Ferrets as Pets.  Ferrets are Weasels and
share lots of myths about being Blood thirsty with Weasels, Badgers and
Wolverines.  That image is a hard one to change.  I don't know what the
answers are but, this argument has not helped the cause for legalization
in these two large states.