From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 1995 14:21:02 -0500
To Ed:

If you have had both ferrets since they were kits and this is only
the second time they've fought, consider yourself very lucky.

If they are best of buddies the rest of the time, this is probably
nothing more than sibling rivalry.  If you have any brothers or
sisters, remember how you sometimes don't get along with them for
one reason or another?  Well, this is the same thing.

A "time out" cage or carrier is an excellent idea - I've used it
myself.  A few months ago, Sydney, my 3 1/2 y.o. neutered, BEW, got
a real attitude.  He would pick on Hayley unmercifully.  I actually
had him separated from the other 3 for about 6 wks!  Then he got
over it, and I put him back and he's been ok ever since.

Maybe one wanted to play and the other didn't and it was more like,
"Hey, leave me alone today" and the other one said, "No, I wanna play!"
I wouldn't worry about it if it's a sporadic thing.

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA