Date:
Tue, 16 May 1995 18:51:43 -0400
Hi everyone!  In preparation for a summer of outdoor play I am trying to
get my guys heartworm proofed.  The vet gave me a packet of Heartgard 30
Plus Ivermectin/pyrantel chewables which I am supposed to give each
ferret a 1/3 of a chewie, but they turn their noses up and sneeze on
me!!!!  I tried rubbing it with ferretone dilute, but they of course just
licked it off, I am going to try cutting it into smaller pieces and
stuffing them inside raisins, but it still seems hard to convince them to
chew this stuff up.  Any suggestions on how to get it down them?  Better
alternatives?
Thanks to Dr. Williams and Weiss, it seems like you have been
answering questions overtime recently!!!!!  We truly appreciate
it!!!!
Poor Finn!
And my warmest and biggest hug goes out to Abbey's mom, you cared for
her very much, I am sure she loved you too, but has moved onto the
next stage and is happily dooking around with all of the other fuzzies
who have departed this realm.
Thanks for any advice!
krystal, Weehawk and Silk