From:
"Dr. Gary Holowicki" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 1995 18:46:43 EDT
Dear Charlene, (and others):
    Thank you for your inquiry.  I'm posting this also, so no one else might
have the wrong idea from something I said.  Yes, Timmy is alive and well.  His
coat on the back of his neck is getting a darker orange than I've ever seen on
any ferret & it's all very smooth and healthy.  His expression is bright, and
his energy is about equal to any of the others.
    About 3 weeks ago my local holistic vet proclaimed that he found no trace
of the lymphoma nodules at all, and signed his name to the chart.  I then sent a
copy to Dr. Brown who origionally diagnosed him, and Dr. McCluggage in Boulder
who also had a hand in Timmys' recovery.
    When he sheds his guard hairs as he is starting to for his spring coat,
his tummy fur is so thick that he will soon not look like he was shaved for the
operation last Nov. at all.  (We origionally thought he had a piece of phone
cord in his stomach from the x-ray, as he just had chewed thru one in two
places.  His lymph nodes, however were 10 times normal size, and lab biopsy
confirmed lympnoma.  At that time "treatment was thought to be of no avail, 2-3
weeks expected to live).
    He's really is my miracle child;  Not just for recovering from the
sickness, but in January he got out & I didn't find him for 4 days.  The lady
that picked him up only hours after he got out said she found him "in the middle
of the 6 lane highway, with cars going over him, but he was not hit".  Every
time I think of that I look up & thank God and all his helpers that must have
had a hand in that!  I was saying many prayers when he was missing not only for
him & myself, but for the other little furry people that might profit from the
same things that went into helping him recover.
    I have heard that his recipe is being of benefit to others, and am very
grateful that we have added to the body of knowledge that will help our furry
children live longer, healthier lives.
    Thank you again for the interest in Timmy's well being, & to those that
expressed  comfort when my older girl, Squeeky, passed on in her sleep last
month.  Like my Son said, Squeeky passed on in her sleep, at home with her
family.  If you have to go, it's probably the best way we could think of.
        Gratefully,    Gary H.