From:
Katrina D Ramsell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 1995 12:02:33 -0400
Hi all!       (my phone/FAX:(517)694-8327 and email:[log in to unmask])
 First I would like to thank everyone who has been making those very important
phone calls to help save the black footed ferrets. I have received a packet of
information (newspaper articles, press releases, etc.) and a video tape from
Carolyn Kinsey in Colorado. The video shows 4 and 5 year old BFFs in outdoor
pre-release conditioning pens, one in an indoor holding cage, and one being
medicated for illness. These animals are not scared of humans, and seem to
crave, rather than avoid, human touch. These animals have not been
intentionally "tamed", but are after years of human handling. Also old age has
slowed them down and they've never had to hunt for their own food or run from a
predator. One animal being medicated makes no attempt to bite the bare hands of
either the person holding him or the person stuffing medicine down his throat.
These animals were born in captivity, have had all of their needs provided for
their whole lives, and there is no way they'd stand a chance out their in the
wild. One 5 year old BFF with cataracts in his right eye was bitten on the
right side of his face by a prairie dog and is now somewhat scared on them! I
plan to take my information and video tape to my local TV stations and
newspaper. If you would be willing to distribute this information to your local
TV stations & newspaper, I will send you a packet of information and a copy of
the video. I have limited funds, so please be serious.       Katrina Ramsell