From:
"Dr. Gary Holowicki" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 1995 01:41:43 EDT
    Bill; I'm putting this in your mail box as I'm afraid to post it as I
was told it's "inappropriate", so you can post it if you see fit.  I'm
pretty depressed over the lack of interest a week of working to 2am & only

[Moderator's note: "Afraid"?!  Well, I didn't want THAT to happen.  I will
certainly post updates to this situation, but I ask they be reasonably short
and factual, which this post certainly is.  But thanks for being cautious. BIG]

Well, I got a call from Carolyn in Pueblo, and even as a volunteer she was
"fired", banned from the base today, when the other caretaker is off.  So the
BFF's had no food or care at all.  She is the only source of medical care for
the guys.  The only employee has said he will leave without medical care as he
cannot watch them die slowly of sickness.  The base director Dean Biggins seems
to just want them all to die.
        She gave me the Fraud hotline of the Dept. of the Interior, for abuse &
mis management also. 800=424-5081
        Chere McCoy, Founder/Director Ferret Friends Disaster Response
International, sent me this additional party to call:  Mr. Pete Gober who is in
South Dakota and the BFF Coordinator for Region six - his phone is 605-224-8693.

        Sincerely,  Gary