From:
Anne Charbonneau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 1995 17:03:47 -0400
Dr Weiss and Dr Williams, you were right again !!!
     She had a small infection on one of her toes!  I completly forgot to
mention to the vet that she hurted herself some days before vet exam and
in fact at that time the toe was just a little little bit red and she
didn't show any sign of pain.  But when you told me that it can be an
infection, I looked to her toe and see that it was inflammed and bigger.
I began the antibiotics (CPA), (remember I'm a dentist and used to
antibiotics, I don't suggest to anybody to give antibiotics without the
opinion of a vet).  So 4 days after we were at the vet's office for the
second blood test before doing any biopsy, and the count of lymphocytes
had dropped significantly to less than 8000!!!:))) The neutrophils had
also go down, so we really think that it was the infection :) She will
have a blood test control in 6 months and my vet showed me how to palpate
all of them regulary to screen any changement in the size of lymph nodes.
        So now I'm a very happy mom with three healthy ferrets :)
        Thanks again for all your help, advices and support!
Anne,
Victor (I think that if being healthy means not being hand-feeded
        anymore, I will fake and try to look sick!!!) 8>
Hugo (I would like to have Pred or antibiotic with lot of Nutrical please!) 8>
Adele (It was not an infection, it was a lack of nutrical and
      raisins! Now that you give me nutrical 3 times a day, I'm fine!  But
      please, I prefer nutrical without that white stuff mix with it!) :>

Anne Charbonneau        Faculte de medecine dentaire    Universite de Montreal
[log in to unmask]            Tel: (514) 343-5924
[log in to unmask]               Fax: (514) 343-2233