From:
Marcy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 1995 10:24:33 -0500
Hello all,

I just wanted to say a (temporary) goodbye to everyone, since I will be
leaving the FML on Friday for the duration of the summer.  It's that time
of year again when I leave the flatlands of Indiana for San Francisco. I
will spend the summer field season studying the breeding biology and
foraging behavior of Western gulls on Alcatraz Island for my dissertation.

Unfortunately, Abercrombie and Fitch will not be coming with me, but will
be spending the summer with their Aunt Denise (a fellow grad student and
ferret friend).  As much as I want to take them with me, and as much as it
breaks my heart to leave them, it would break my heart even more to have
them taken away from me during my temporary stay in California.  So, until
they are legal in California (or until I finish my Ph.D., whatever comes
first) Abercrombie, Fitch and I will have to bear with it.

Thanks to all for the ferret news and info, and for helping the three of us
get through Fitch's accident this past spring.  I look forward to talking
with all of you again in August!

Marcy Brown (Birdwoman of Alcatraz)