From:
Monica Istvan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 1995 12:42:29 -0600
Eva John Lyford wrote that her ferret Tiki went missing July 1994.

Eva, don't ever give up!  My little Switch (my first and dearest little dude -
died of insulinoma many years ago - before it was commonly diagnosed) went
missing in August of 1987, and I checked diligently at the Humane Society here
twice a week for many months - 7 to be precise.  I ended up volunteering for
the shelter - I was there anyway, why not help out?  Anyhow, Calgary has a
dual system - a Dog pound, and a Humane Society/S.P.C.A.  I got a call from
the Dog pound (of all places) one day - they had a ferret ("wild animal" would
have to be destroyed immediately!) but they would hang on to him long enough
(an hour) so I could make it in to see if it was mine.  Well - happy, happy,
joy, joy - it WAS!  He looked a bit worse for wear, and another lady tried to
claim him from me - another long and ugly story - but I knew he was my Switch
when I got into the car and he insisted on sitting on my lap with his head
through the shoulder harness while I drove.  I have never been so grateful to
anyone for his return.

I promptly had ALL my babies done with the INFO-Pet microchip implant - costs
about $40 - $50 per critter, but it's the best positive ID you can give your
kids - their little ears are too tiny to tattoo more than a dot or letter in
(but if all else fails - shelter staff do check for tattoo markings - a dot is
better than nothing!)

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
++++++++
Monica (It costs HOW much for one ivomec injection?)
Terrible Two (We feel better already!)
Kitty Krew (still keep them *AWAY*)