From:
Heather Jane Bilicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 1995 13:18:26 -0500
Hello, I would like to introduce the FML to our new baby ferret.  His name is
Pretzel and he has rather unusual markings.  He has a yellow head and belly,
white mitts on his rear feet, black/grey/white tail, Dark grey saddle over his
shoulders, and a light grey/yellow over his back.  I guess it is a little hard
to explain.  Basically from the side he looks like a light sable with a yellow
head.  He's a real cutie-pie.  He already uses his litter box and has not
missed once.  Pickle, Kit Kat, and Twinkie are real curious about the new baby
but only Twinkie is allowed to play with the little fellow at the moment.  (Pic
and Kat just play too rough!  Death lock and shake.)  Pickle and Twinkie have
begun to "mark" in protest of the new male.  It would be frustrating except for
the fact that I know Pickle went through the same thing when we got Twinkie.  I
guess transitions are hard for everyone.  Pretzel is also developing into a
little thief.  The first night he stole Pickle's ball from the hidey hole and
dragged it across to the other side of the room.  Several pens also made it
into this same corner.  I'd forgotten how much energy they have at this age
though!

Pickle has begun doing the cutest thing lately.  He LOVES raisins and gets one
or two at the most a day ("Certainly that's not enough to meet my fix, mom.")
 Well, the raisins are kept in the container that they came in (canister not
box) and Pickle will scale the shelf where they are kept, knock the canister
over and try to drag it into his corner.  He must either be real smart or have
a great sense of smell, because if I move it to another shelf, he goes directly
to that one to get the raisins.  When I take the canister away, he promptly
stands up and begs (How can I resist?)  So far he has not been able to remove
the lid, but given time, I am sure he will succeed!

Have a great day,
Heather
Durham, NC