From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 1995 16:18:09 PST
I know that we are all upset at the death of the MD Ferret, but
I really take exception to a recent post that described the
people involved as "Nazis" (see subject line).  This is exactly
the wrong attitude to have.

Even though killing the Ferret was, at best, misguided, I hope we
all understand that those involved were CONCERNED FOR THE CHILD
THAT WAS BITTEN.  Yes, I know that, realistically, there was no
chance that the Ferret was rabid.  But, please don't blame the
officials involved for acting on their limited knowledge.
I'm sure the people involved were doing what they felt was the best
thing for the situation.  If you are really upset, then take steps
to make sure it doesn't happen again.  Don't BLAME SOMEONE for
something they don't know.

D.E.  Brea, Ca
(the above IMHO)