From:
David Welch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 1995 18:51:21 -0700
I recently acquired Rune, my new 6 week old female silver sable.  The two
residents, Helen and Ceridwen (3 years old) dont seem to be adjusting all
that well to her.  Helen is at least a bit affectionate and accepts a nuzzle
or playful nip from Rune, but Ceridwen, at every chance, nips and bites Rune
on her scruff to the point that it reaaaaalllly doesnt look like play.
Rune, to say the least, unless she is exhausted, has no desire to get near
either of them because she is afraid to get bitten again.  Helen and
Ceridwen have also been MUCH more lethargic since Rune came into the house,
sleeping most of the evening and night when I am here which is a bit unusual
for them.  They do have quiet temperaments but Helen, who used to play
sometimes with me now does not do so.  What can I do to get Helen and
Ceridwen a little more active again?  And what can I try to do to get them
to adjust to each other?  If anything.  Rune is just too small to defend
herself really (although damned if she doesnt have some nifty playful attack
moves on me *laugh*) and the older pair are a bit too mellow I think to join
in the fun when Rune tries to play.

Rune dooked herself silly the first couple days I had her also... and
when she was in the pet store.  Is the fact that she is no dooking as
much anymore,  if at all, a sign she is no longer lonely?

Any  helpful hints would be  appreciated.

Oh... btw, how fast do  ferrets grow? I mean... she  is tiny enough to
curl  up  in one of my hands right now... how  long will it be  before
she really begins to grow etc..? :)

Thanks in advance (feel free to email too)
Dave "Confused" Welch
Rune, *Nnipnipnipnipniprunrun... pouncing stance... run forward...
back... LEAP! nipnipnipnipnipnipnip*, Ferret
Helen and Ceridwen, "Whats this new little bundle of energy doing in OUR
home?", Ferrets