From:
Donald DiPaula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 1995 14:25:53 -0400
My wife and I were on a trip last night and had some interesting insights
into the ferret mindset.

The first was as we were watching a videotape of the movie _Airplane!_.
There's a scene where Striker is in a mental ward and they are looking at
the various shell-shock and other cases there; one of the patients is
lifting his sheets and shouting, "I've found the tunnel, Johnson!  It's
this way!  Follow me!"

Later, we had watched _Brazil_ and dissected its different levels of
symbolism in conversation, we observed that social commentary was probably
wasted on ferrets.  The we wondered what great ferret literature (from
their point of view, if they could read, etc.) would be like, and came up
with:

_Ode_to_Creation_, by Gwydeon.

It is nothing more than the title since he is immediately distracted while
trying to write it.  However, Gwydeon, artiste that he is, considers his
life to be a work in progress (OtC, above).  He alone of all Ferlosophers
has not only composed this work (not of words or scenes, but of
experiences), but has recognized that his life _is_ this particular work of
art, and has seen fit to name it.

We found that inspirational; we might not live in the (now!) of ferret-
awareness, but that Ferlosophy of one's life being an ongoing work of
experience called _Ode_to_Creation_ seemed a lot wiser than the way we
normally approach life.

Donald and Lela, Gwydeon and Circe.