From:
Nathan Viles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 May 1995 00:07:04 -0500
I just chastised someone on the news group for bashing albinos.  In
fact this guy had a pretty narrow view of what ferrets make good pets.

Anyway, here is the subject for debate:
It is my understanding that coat (sable, cinamin, silver mit, albino et al)
has less to do fundementally with the personality of a ferret, and
specifically as to their quality as a pet (temperment and such) than
handling, care, and diet of a ferret. (yes that was all one sentence :( )

While certain colors are arrived at by inbreeding, which can result in some
disagreeable ferrets, it is the inbreeding itself and not the color which
is the cause.

Likewise, how one handles their ferret, and what a ferret is fed can over-ride
any genetic defenciencies and is the more important contributor to a
happy ferret.

environment over genetics... old arguement I suppose.

What does everyone think?

Nathan, Heather, and Sigmund
-----

My deepest sympathies to all who have lost friends