Date:
Tue, 23 May 1995 21:58:36 -0700
squeeker toys:

my best friend (who introduced me to the world of ferrets) has trained
her two girls to come to the squeeker toy.  They both immediately emerged
from their hiding places the first time she squeeked it so she thought it
would be easy to train them to come to it in case of emergencies or
escapes or whatever. So, for reinforcement she gives them ferretone when
they show up. Anyhow, when I got my two girls I thought I would continue
this practice because it seemed like a good idea. It worked fine with
Bear...but with Bee there was kind of a problem. She came to it great,
even quicker than her sister, but then she proceeds to attack the person
sqeeking the toy. I'm not talking play attack, she was out for blood. I
have no idea what brought about this kind of response, but needless to
say I don't use the squeeker toy anymore.

silver mitt vs white footed ssable:

how exaclty do you tell the difference between these two? I know a silver
mitt is supposed to have a white tip on their tail, but a friend of mine
had a ferret who had a white tip as a  baby, but no longer has one... so
is she a sable or a silver mitt? and what if they've never had a white
tip but they have white feet and not too much of a mask?

Jena, Bee 'n' Bear