From:
Todd & Andi Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 1995 10:27:39 -0400
Hi!

Our ferrets also go bananas over homebrew!  Whenever we're bottling now, we
have to keep everyone locked up to keep them from being under foot.  They all
stay awake, of course - noses pressed to the cage door, madly sniffing.
Since we almost always spill some, we usually let them have a couple licks
before we clean up - which is so exciting everyone ends up with bottle-brush
tails!!  If we get caught drinking any of it by Pickles, she "barks" and
guards the bottles!  (Does anyone else out there have a barking ferret?
She's the only one we've ever had that makes this noise.)

A little while back - someone mentioned that onions can be fatal, but they
didn't think a ferret would consume enough. I'm glad I didn't know that a
couple of months ago because Franklin, who won't eat any treats except for
Nutrical (which he begs constantly), got into my onion bin and munched on
every onion. I'm not sure how much he actually got since those pointy teeth
don't really aid in onion eating. Except for smelling terrible (you think a
ferret stinks? Try an onion-coated ferret!) he was fine. We knew he liked
fried onions, but who knew he liked them so much!  :)

Andi
The ferrets have requested that I write the names that I actually call
them, not their given names:
B-Butt, Bandeeto, Big Guy, Franklin, Peabody, & Snickerdoodle
since their real names only come up when they're in trouble (about 1/2 of
the time!)

Oops! I almost forgot:
To Laura L'Heureux - thanks for the info on methotrexate!! If it isn't too
much trouble, I am interested in additional information. If things are too
busy for you right now because of school, wait until things cool down some.
I'm in no hurry. Thanks again.