Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 13 May 1995 16:47:55 -0400
From:
"Tim C. Watson" <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all,

Just a little note about my or rather Salena's, experience with
vaccinations. She was born in June '91, I bought from a pet store in August
of that year and has had her rabies and distemper shots at the same time
every October with no ill effects. I assume (at wortk and don't have info
readily available) that she is getting Fervac as the vet told me October
'93 that it was a vaccine developed recently just for ferrets. Other than
being a bit sleepy after the 2 shots she has never had any negative
reaction to the 2 shots.

As far as Farm Ferrets are concerned; I think I have to agree with Debbie
Riccio (sp?) that farm ferrets aren't necessarily bad. As stated above
Salena came from a pet store, has a blue dot tattoo on the back of her
right ear and is the best pet I've ever owned. While I agree that "fixing"
the ferrets too young or not giving them enough time to be weaned properly
can be a problem, I still think giving a farm ferret a good home is
admirable. And I agree that ferret populations should be kept under control
regardless of being bred by "big" farms or private breeders. We certainly
don't need to get ferrets in the problem that cats and dogs have by being
"over bred" and having to be killed just because there are too many of
them. Also I agree that ferrets should have their proper shots rabies
and distemper regardless of how often they get outside. Seems to me that
is part of responsible "parenting" of fuzzies.

-- Tim and Salena (who doesn't back drag toys, but teeth drags them
so she can't possibly see where she's going)