Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 2 May 1995 03:32:59 EDT
From:
"Dr. Gary Holowicki" <[log in to unmask]>
Re:Sun, 30 Apr 1995 07:57:46 -0500
>Subject: Herbal Diet

>To the Vet who gave Fred Rahner the Herbal Diet:

> Would you mind posting the ingredients and formula of your herbal diet.
>on the FML?  I've heard about this diet but I don't know what in it as
>well.  I know of some people who have tried this diet and say it works
>wonders, but I have not been able to secure the recipe as yet.

   OK, I'll leave out the history to keep it short (er).. .  Some narrative
is essential as it is important to know how to change it to fit your particular
needs.

"Timmys' Super Herbal Food", as of [5/1/95]

1- 4 oz jar Gerber Turkey rice, or chicken vegetable, or organic equivalent
1 Tbl. clover honey
        [above items from your favorite grocer]
1/3rd can of Deliver 2.0, the remainder you can freeze in small containers.
(This can decrease if he gains too much weight later).  [any pharmacy can order]
10cc PWS 2000 herbal tonic (E-mail or phone me for source; Important part of
recipe)
        (you can start with less if they object to the taste)

About 20% of a 30mg. CoQ-10 cap
1 t. Schiffs Liverall powder (Health food store)
1 t. Lewis Labs Brewers Yeast (Health food store)
The contents of 1 cap of Immuplex 4960, Standard Process co., (health food
store)

1 scoop KMR, kitten milk replacement powder (pet supply store)
1 Tbl Ferretone
1cc pet tinic vitamins (vet or pet supply)

    {The immuplex, Pet Tinic, & CoQ10 are prescribed per ferret, per day.
They can be adjusted up or down.  I.E. if she only eats 1/2 batch/day, use 2cc
P.T., etc. per batch.}

    I free feed Whiskas' Kit Nips as a high nutrition food, it's the only dry
food Timmy will eat.  This keeps his teeth clean, and his fur is coming in a
bright orange, deeper in color than it has ever been.  His coat is very soft,
and his eyes bright.  His energy level has increased 5 fold in the last 3
months.  He is in short , in better health than ever before.  He is now 2.2 yrs
old.
    The only purpose of the Deliver 2.0 is to increase calories.  He was not
eating anything 6 months ago, and was very skinny.  Since the kit nips (Kal
Kan-800-525-5273), are only 4% fat, I am still including it for him, but the
others (7 of them), get no Deliver, as they get enough calories from the Totally
Ferret. (800-843-1738).  They also free feed on Precise Feline Light
(800-446-7148).

    I  also make available an herbal water:
aprox. 1/2 cup pure water (small bowl)
1 Tbl. clover honey (or more to taste)
10cc PWS 2000 herbal liquid.  (you can start with 3-5cc if they think it tastes
strange)
    This is the only thing Timmy self fed at his worst.  It could have pulled
him thru as it has both nourishing herbs and healing / cleansing herbs/ food
extracts.

      The logic of the recipe is:
1.  Ensure the food source is pure and free of chemicals
2. Provide extra nutrition elements in time of stress and to compensate for
   mass produced foods that come from depleted soil.
3. Provide herbal food (tonic) that aids the bodies' own healing mechanisms.
4. Provide extra calories if not self feeding sufficiently.
5. Make it taste good so force feeding is avoided.
   Timmy needed to be fed from a syringe at first,(I use 35cc w./no needle),
and even though he self feeds some now, holding him & using the syringe
stimulates nursing instincts and he eats twice as much.
                I also do the following:
6. Provide loving attention so they have a reason to live.
7. (University studies show that) holding benevolent thoughts toward another
living being (some people call it prayer), has measurable positive effects on
the recovery process. (Holographic universe and quantum field mechanics studies
are now helping explain how this works).

    With the most humble prayers of health and happiness for all of us, 2 and
4 legged people,
        Gary H.  602-968-1523;  800-209-1071, (pager/voice mail);
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];

(BIG:  If you feel it inappropriate, you can delete my phone numbers.)

P.S.    I'm not a DVM, but a DD.  The recipe & understanding behind it is from
over 2000hrs. of research done when my brother was fighting leukemia.  G.