From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 1995 20:48:34 -0400
Normally the Ferret Friends Disaster Response Intenational network responds
only to natural disasters.  However we have come upon information regarding
the black footed ferret situation in Colorado which we cannot ignore.

Let it be known - we find the situation of the proposed release of the
elderly breeding pairs of Native North American Black Footed Ferret into the
badlands of North Dakota to be deplorable.

On Friday March 19th 1995  I placed a call to Ms. Sharon Rose at 303-236-7904
(Ms. Rose is Mr. Ralph Morgenweck, Director, Region 6, Denver , Colorado Fish
and Wildlife Services. Public Relations Director).  Ms Rose was not in the
office but the secretary promised she would have Ms. Rose return the call.

On Monday March 22nd 1994 I will again attempt (and reach) Ms. Rose to advise
her of the Ferret Friends Disaster Response Internationals view of the
proposed release (due June 1 1994).

If you are concerned about this situation I invited you to join me in
inundating Mr. Morgenwecks office with phone calls requesting the proposed
release not take place and review of the BFF Living Care Center be reviewed
again.

Signed

Chere McCoy
Founder/Director Ferret Friends Disaster Response International