From:
Robert Peter Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 1995 10:47:42 -0400
This is in response to Mason W. 's question about hissing:
When my two ferrets (Rascal, 6 months old female, and Buddy, 4 month old
male) play fight they both make a hissing noise like the one described
(inhaling as opposed to exhaling).  I have taken this to be normal.  They
don't fight as much anymore but when they do they make a lot of noise -
hissing, crying, etc.  It used to bother me because I thought they were
being mean to each other, but everytime they fight, they fall asleep
together and lick each other like they are best friends.  I don't know if
the inhaled hissing is normal but I wanted to let you know that mine do it
also.

I have a question:
How do you get rid of fleas and do they pose a threat to my ferrets? Can I
use a flea collar or a flea dip? I have a cat flea powder that I used
which worked for a week but at the end of the week both ferrets were
covered in fleas. In addition, Buddy, a silver, his light coat turned
orange.  Should I be worried?

Also, I would like information about the ferret magazine. I have not seen
it but have heard about it. My pet store said he would carry it if I could
tell him where he could find it. So any information, like publisher, would be
helpful.

Pete, Rascal, and Buddy