From:
"Anna M. Adam" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 1995 16:44:30 -0500
It started off as a normal Saturday. Jonathan and I had decided to take
Tasha (our Samoyed) and Chloe (a calico kitty) to the groomers. Tasha needed
her summer shave and Chloe's kittens were leaving that day. We figured she'd
do much better with a good bath now that the kittens weren't pestering her.
Besides, the flea spray we'd used on her made her fur look AWFUL. Anyway,
back to the story. We drove out to the groomer/pet store and took the two
inside. On the floor were two cages of ferrets. Each cage had about three or
four inside. I had made up my mind that I would NOT look inside those cages
because I would fall for a ferret I couldn't afford. Jonathan, however, fell
into the trap...

Jon: Ohh... Anna look!
Anna nods indifferently and continues to talk to the clerk about the shampoo
and dip for the dog.
Jon: Wow, she's beautiful!
Anna cringes. It's not fair of him to draw attention to a ferret she can't
have. She'll say she wants it and he'll say they can't afford another pet.
Jon: Anna, you better look. This is the closest to an albino that I'll ever
like.

I couldn't HELP but look then. And she WAS adorable. Jonathan hates the pink
eyes of albinos. He says it gives him the 'heebie jeebies,' so I never
pushed my desire for an albino. I didn't want to get a pet I KNEW he wasn't
going to like. But here she was... a little white ferret with a sprinkling
of dark guard hairs and a grayish silver tail. And she has DARK eyes. We
named her K-Nack which no one will understand unless you live in the Austin
area and like alternative music. If you do, you know she's our 'psycho
baby.' So... though we got rid of four kittens yesterday, we added a ferret
to the business. We're insane. We're now down to ten pets. Three dogs, two
cats, four ferrets and a fish. Unfortunately, I think the fish is dying. I
can't wait until Jonathan and I are in the same house and we don't have to
drive back and forth between dwellings to take care of all these guys.....
*sigh*

ahn and her too large crew including Applejuice, Beckett, Max and K-Nack